I love smoothies!
They can be packed with all sorts of healthy options.
When I started making them, years ago, I used to make them with
- 3 fruits
- 3 veggies
- and other things like…acai berries, goji berries, chia seed, flax seeds, eggs or protein powders
Well things have changed and I have simplified our morning smoothie.
I came to the conclusion that you really don’t need to take in all your fruits, vegetables, and protein in one sitting!
This is my new and I believe improved morning smoothie…
- One Fruit
- One Veggie
- Plain Yogurt
- Sweetener if needed
- I also use bananas, cooked sweet potatoes, or avocados to give make my smoothies nice and thick.
one or two of the following
- Chia Seeds
- Flax meal
- Coconut oil
Spices and Extracts also optional
- any extract that you find appealing, I usually use vanilla or almond
- Spices used to taste: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and turmeric
Recipe for this mornings Smoothie
Avocado and Apple
This will make two smoothies. All of the ingredients are organic.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 avocado
- 2 apples
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 – 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- wash, peel, and chop all produce.
- Place all ingredients in a blender
- Blend until smooth
This is a thick smoothie you may need a spoon to eat it
Which is a good thing, it takes a little longer to consume your Morning Smoothie!
From Us to You at Bungalow 62 🙂
Have a beautiful Day