Make it quick and simple, but make it tasty too!
My Buffalo Shepherd’s Pie with Faux Mashed Potatoes is quick to prepare making it a perfect midweek dinner.
My plan was a basic Shepherd’s pie with the Faux Mashed Potatoes, (Cauliflower), but when my husband aka the Dude of Bungalow 62 mentioned having celery sticks on the side…
The creative light bulb went off…celery Sticks go good with Buffalo Chicken…why not create Buffalo Shepherd Pie?
Just to be upfront with you, this was an experimental dish so I don’t have exact amounts for ingredients.
But it came out so tasty I thought it would be fun to share with all of you!
This is how I made my Simply Tasty Buffalo Shepherds Pie.
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 onion
- salt, pepper, cumin and hot sauce to taste. (Frank’s Hot Sauce was used in this recipe)
- Cauliflower – about 8 – 10 oz. (I would use more next time around)
- *Cream Cheese and Milk (about 1 – 2 tablespoons of each) This is for the faux mashed potatoes
- Corn – 12 or so oz.
What I did.
- While the Cauliflower was steaming:
- I browned the meat, before it was completely done I added the chopped onion, garlic, salt and pepper, with a little water
- When the meat was browned and the onion softened, I took about half the meat out…Just in case it didn’t turn out so well, I didn’t want to waste a whole pound of meat! (I’ll use the rest of the meat in another recipe)
- Next I added the cumin and dumped in the Franks Red Hot Sauce. Tasted it and added some more. I honestly have no idea how much I used.
- I would recommend just adding a little at a time until your satisfied with the flavor.
- Put the meat in a prepared casserole dish.
- I steamed the cauliflower until it was soft and prepared it like mashed potatoes, adding creams cheese, a bit of milk and some salt.
- I added this as my second layer – traditionally it would be on the top.
- I don’t cook my corn for shepherd’s pie. Just rinse and put it in the dish. Today I put it on the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. More if you made it in the morning and it has cooled completely.
Simply Living, Simple Meals
From Us to You